Plaintiffs who are waiting for their pending lawsuits to settle may be waiting a long time for the cases to make their way through the courts. During that time, bills can pile up, particularly if the plaintiff has suffered injuries that have resulted in lost wages and costly medical bills. LSC’s plaintiff funding program offers a lawsuit cash advance to pay those bills while the case is in the settlement process. Also referred to as settlement funding, these cash advances cover the cost of daily living expenses so individuals don’t have to settle for less just to settle faster. In this article, we will be exploring certain things to know about plaintiff funding for your personal injury lawsuit.
Types of Settlement or Plaintiff Funding Cases and Situations
There are many types of litigation that could qualify for plaintiff funding, including:
- Child Custody – These emotional family cases often qualify for plaintiff funding, as the court works toward a decision that is in the best interest of the child.
- Divorce – Also wrought with emotion, when divorce cases end up in court, settlement funding can help ease the strain of an already stressful situation.
- Auto Accidents – Both pedestrians and drivers injured in collisions may require money for medical bills long before the case is settled, which is where pre-settlement funding companies may be the answer.
- FELA Lawsuits – Referred to as the Federal Employers’ Liability Act, these lawsuits involve railroad workers that were injured on the job and have filed litigation as a result of their injuries.
- Premises Liability – When someone is injured due to failure on the part of a property owner to maintain the property, a premises liability case may be filed.
- Slip and Fall – Similar to a premises liability lawsuit, slip and fall litigation involves an injury that is the result of unsafe condition on another person’s property.
- Wrongful Death – When the unthinkable occurs, and someone is killed due to the negligence of another, a wrongful death lawsuit may provide compensation for the family who lost their loved one. These cases can take a long time to settle before payment is received.
- Personal Injury – Any type of injury due to an accident, mistake or negligence on the part of another person may qualify for a personal injury lawsuit funding.
- Brain Injury – Traumatic brain injury may be the result of a vehicle accident, slip and fall injury or other events that are due to the negligence or carelessness of another individual. Pre and post settlement funding can provide assistance.
And many more, including things like wrongful termination and discrimination cases, while most commonly it’s a whole different string of personal injury cases. Its important to understand that even after a case has settled, it can take several months or even years before you actually receive payment of your settlement. This can be extremely frustrating as you probably have expenses piling up. Mortgage payments, rent, medical bills, and general living expenses add up quickly, especially when you are unable to work.
If you are a plaintiff who has reached a settlement that has not paid out, Express Funding’s plaintiff funding program is your solution. Rather than waiting months or years to receive your award, we will purchase your unpaid settlement and give you cash within a few short days of receiving your completed application. You can use this money immediately for whatever purposes you need.
No Upfront Fees or Monthly Payments
With Express Funding, and their plaintiff funding program there are absolutely no hidden fees, upfront expenses, or monthly payments. Our rates are competitive and there is no fine print. Simply put: you make no payment of any kind until your settlement is paid. For more information on plaintiff funding and more, be sure to contact Express Funding of America today.